The event industry is full of jargon, and, if you're unfamiliar with the terms, you may wind up lost and confused. To plan a successful event program for your company or brand, it is important to be literate when it comes to the lingo associated with the job.
Drayage is the charges incurred for the movement of shipping containers (i.e. crates, pallets, boxes) from the venue's loading dock or the shipping vehicle, to the show floor. It also encompasses things such as removing the containers in which the items were shipped, storing them during the event, returning the shipping containers after the event, transferring everything back to the loading dock, and warehousing items post-event.
5. Choosing the right shows to attend: Picking the shows to attend should be one of the first tasks in your event marketing strategies. Are you at the shows your ideal customers are at?
6. What is event activation?: When running a successful event marketing program, event activation is a part of everything you do – but many involved in event marketing aren’t quite sure what it even is. At USA Expo, we think of it as a way to activate your brand or company through a strategic presence at events.
7. Our best trade show practices:A trade show is a great opportunity to put your brand in front of potential customers. If you’re offering a product or service to a specific audience (and who isn’t?), a trade show can be a wealth of sales leads for your team. But only if done correctly.
8. What is a show decorator?: A show decorator can be a useful asset to have when working to create the overall look and feel of your booth onsite – and of course, it’s always nice (and sometimes essential) to have an extra set of hands during setup and tear down! But a show decorator is an extra expense, so it can be hard to determine if it’s worth it or not.
9. Exhibit staffing: With many more booths to stop by, the chances of an event attendee waiting around to speak with your staff are probably slim to none. That’s why it’s critical to nail the number of staff you need working in your display. Too many and you’ll overwhelm event attendees and too few and you may miss critical sales opportunities.
10. Determining effective sponsorships: If your brand has a presence at events, you have most likely looked into, or are currently sponsoring. It's a great tactic that could help your event marketing efforts. Sponsorships typically come with a cost though, and there is a chance that a sponsorship may not help to see additional success.